The challenges of today's business environment create a need for organizational change in virtually every company desiring to build and sustain a competitive advantage. Michael D. Marker and Associates has assisted more than forty organizations with the implementation of transition strategies that produce optimal operation and a positive culture in both union and non-union settings. This process is highly customized, depending upon the speed desired and resources placed upon it. A southern converting manufacturer realized a doubling of its output per employee and avoided a multi-million dollar capital expenditure to increase productive capacity. This was primarily accomplished through our involvement in helping them transition from a workforce which lacked accountability to one with multi-skilled, self-reliant work teams highly capable and committed to getting results.
The general steps of this process include:
- Preparing the organization for change with communication strategies and education
- Establishing strategic direction and setting the boundaries for the change effort
- Analyzing and assessing the current state of the organization and the business environment
- Designing the future state
- Building the implementation plan and managing the transition